Joanne Mehl Paintings
Joanne Mehl is a fine artist with over 30 years of experience creating high quality artwork for her clients. Specializing in portraiture, figure painting and equine subjects, much of her work is commissioned portraits of individuals, families, and the animals they love; as well as various scenes offered for sale at her gallery or on her website.
- Commissioned Portraiture
- Figure Painting
- Equestrian Subjects
- Over 100 pieces of commissioned portraiture.
- The 2013 purchase of her 4’ x 7‘ painting “Keeneland Classics” by the State of Kentucky for their governor’s mansion.
- Winning Best of Show at the Oregon Society of Artists‘ Spring 2016 Show.
- 20 exhibitions, including 3 solo shows, and 11 juried shows.
- Over 40 published works in coffee table art books, national or regional publications, or artist interviews.
- Instructor of portraiture, figure painting, and oil painting techniques at Oregon Society of Artists.
- Founder and host of the Portland Figure Painting and Drawing Group.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honors in Illustration, from Art Center College of Design in 1983.
I Simply Love What I Do
In 1983 I graduated from Art Center College of Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honors in Illustration. I started doing portrait work professionally because I was exceptionally well prepared for it, and loved it. There’s just something about faces. Maybe it’s encoded in our DNA, this fascination with faces, especially the faces of those that we love. Babies and moms, puppies, kittens, horses; we love those faces!
I love painting beautiful faces as well as interesting and flawed faces. Our lives are written there. The beautiful, fresh-faced young woman whose life is ahead of her, full of possibility. The relationship between mother and child, between child and beloved pet. I love painting them all. Because life is about love and loving, and those that we love.
Curious about having a portrait done? Reach Joanne at:
4703 SE 40 Avenue
Portland, OR 97202